Monday, October 7, 2013

Banquette

Recently, an article was published on the E News web site. Drew Barrymore was quoted, saying, " If you have an  eat-in kitchen, I love a banquette! No matter how inviting I try to make every other room of the house, everyone gravitates to the kitchen banquette."
 
This set me on a course of googling images of banquette kitchens. I am now in love with this idea, and agree with Drew! If you don't think your kitchen is large enough to be an eat-in kitchen, consider a banquette.

This  charming built-in bench not only adds seating, but adds storage and creates an inviting atmosphere. Chose chairs that fit snugly underneath the table to maximize space. This type of seating invites guests to gather and comfortably lounge around the kitchen. The idea of mixing accent pillows is a terrific way to tie in additional colors.
 
There are many different styles and options, and storage definitely has to be considered when designing a banquette. These photos are a few of my favorites. I can tell you, my next house will feature a kitchen banquette! Enjoy!
 


 





 
 




 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Drew Barrymore has a SMEG refrigerator, just so ya know. I blogged about her kitchen because I'm smitten with her retro tile floors.
    But banquets -- I love them!
    Why didn't we put one in our current kitchen? -- I often wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay.. Anything Drew does rocks! She actually started a new makeup line, Flower Beauty, as seen on Jay Leno this week. It with features crazy plays on names of flowers like 'Eye of the Tiger Lily', Lavendare You', and 'That's just Dandy-lion'. I love the creativity. Its coming to a Walmart near you.

    Check it out:
    http://flowerbeauty.com/

    Do you think shed ever let you and I tour her house for inspiration? lol

    ReplyDelete