Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Great Crate

Crates Rocks. Personally, I believe one can never have too many storage options. Crates are perfect for blankets, books, towels, shoes, basketballs... the list goes on. I have never met a crate I didn't like! Here are some groovy crates I have spotted online with some inspiring new ideas for uses.


I am not a fan of painting crates, but WOW!
This crate painted chippy red is awesome.
It adds a great accent to a muted palette room.


This would look great next to a bed or on a nightstand.




My husband just bought me this giant crate.
 I am in love! (He rocks too!)
Search for advertising is as cool as the crate.



How adorable would this be on in a powder room?
I love the fresh flowers!
Also, add an apothecary jar of cotton balls or guest soaps.

Speaking of powder rooms...
If you don't have enough storage, why not store towels in crates.
I may utilize this idea in my gray themed bathroom.


Anyone else now on a search for a crate that will hold a wine bottle?
I am! (Anyone else thirsty?)


Storage is always needed in a child's bedroom.
This is simply fantastic how the insides of the crates are brightly painted.
It seems they left the outside natural - perfection!

Wouldn't this be a sweet wedding shower gift?
 I love gifts wrapped in baskets or industrial crates.
Its a gift that keeps on giving!

Where to start? No one person should hoard this many soda crates.
I request, please share your crate collection with the rest of the world!
I love the addition of giant letters in any situation!


Casters added to the bottom of this crate shelf is sheer genius.
This is ideal for small spaces and situations where the shelf would need to be moved.
Consider making a rolling mini bar our of old crates.


Feel as if you live inside a Crate and Barrel store!
This would be a cool display inside a front door, especially if you don't have a coat closet.
Add some hooks on the wall, and the crates could be used for shoes, hats and mail.
Be sure to add a few decorative pieces for it doesn't look like a junk pile.
 

My books made me add this photo. They are requesting that they would like to live in crates.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with this photo. (I love books!)
I feel the books actually come to life against the natural backdrop of crates.

So, do you agree? Crates are great! Kismet Junk will have an abundance of crates for sale this Saturday at the 3 French Hens Market. Stop by an pick up one great crate or two! How are you going to utilize your crates?

1 comment:

  1. I believe this post rocks!
    My thoughts re: said-same: 1. that ROYAL room was crazy bizzy + awesome + has me inspired to keep on being 'bizzy' in my décor!
    2. a gift in a crate is the awesome-est idea ever! 3. the kids' room with brightly colored crates is adorable! 4. Kudos to your husband for buying that awesome wood crate! 5. Yesh, I'm thirsty!

    ReplyDelete